Tuesday 7 June 2011

And then there was... A blog!

After many years of viewing and following other peoples' blogs, I finally decided to enter the arena myself. And why not? Writing is something that has always come natural to me and I think I have a lot of interesting AND valuable things to say. I remember being nine years old and in love with the then WWF (World Wrestling Federation). After each episode and big event, I used to head over to our antique PC and recall all the events I had witnessed as if I was the head journalist for a top wrestling magazine. What I'd pay to read my reviews all over again!

Those were the days

Fast forward a few years (just a few) and it amazes me as to why I didn't start blogging earlier. The amazing power of recording ones thoughts and opinions is never truly realized until you actually start. So here's my pledge to starting and to keeping up. Besides which, I'm pretty sure that whoever starts giving my blog a read will certainly enjoy the few minutes spent with it.

Here's to moving forward from being a puzzling anomaly to a bright and shining blogstar!

Today I leave for Durban where I am presenting my first ever "How to market your business through social media" course in the region. Always a little nervous when presenting for the first time in a new area. We have a total of 31 attendees. God bless my nervous soul!

So here's to my first blog post and calming the nerves of a new venture! I hope to write sooner than later!

Bye for now,
One exciting Mark Sham!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you keep up with your blog and do regular entries. It was after all those messages you use to write me when we first met, that always kept me so entertained. The youngster with the soul of a 40 year old ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan you lil beaut! I will definitely keep it up. After all I teach people about social media from a business perspective. How bad would it look if I don't keep my own blog?

    Thanks for the comments. Glad to hear I can still entertain you on occasion even though you're gonna be a mom! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet one could never have called you nervous whilst you were presenting :)

    Awesome course :)

    Now to wander off and see what else you have on here...

    ReplyDelete